Candidates fulfilling the required qualifications should submit their application (online) for the desired course in the prescribed form. On a specified date they have to appear for an entrance exam followed by an interaction/discussion. Upon clearing this, they are eligible to join the course. This is not applicable for short term courses for which the admission criteria is different for different courses.
Award of Degrees / Diplomas
On successful completion of their respective courses, successful candidates will be awarded degrees from UGC approved University. In addition to the degree, DFI also awards diplomas / certificates on behalf of Delhi Film Institute.
The Institute may offer scholarships on a merit basis for each course.
General Rules Regarding Fees & Accounts
- Fee can be paid in cash or via pay order/demand draft on the specific dates. A fee receipt for the same must be obtained from the accounts department.
- If the last date of payment of fee is a holiday, the fee shall be accepted on the next working day.
- The fees is non-refundable.
- In case a student fails to pay the fee by the prescribed date, a penalty of Rs. 100/- per day shall be charged.
- In case of cancellation of admission on any account, no fees shall not be refunded to the student.
- All demand drafts (DD)/pay orders/cheques for payment of fees should be drawn in favour of "Delhi Film Institute" payable at Delhi.